Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Test Blog

So is this it? Really?!? I can't believe that in a few moments, presumptively after pressing the "publish post" button, I will have lost my social media virginity. I'm not sure that I'm ready.

What I mean to say is I'm 40. As I feel the momentum of time gather behind me, my resistance to it fades. I sense that I'm caught up in a paradoxical current of resentment and resignation. Together they carry me forward. The struggle to be my best Zen-self. Though a blatant oxymoron born of a westernized paradigm, I cling to this idea to assure me it will all be O.K. That regardless of what each day brings, I retain the responsibility to open myself to everything - pain, happiness, pleasure, gratitude and suffering - and warmly embrace it with the free-flowing compassion that allows it to simply pass through me. I control my emotions and the simple, willful election to experience all of life's insanity with compassion will, in turn, create compassion.

And hell, if a blog post here and there helps me get a grip and share a smile or two, then I guess I'll hit the button. Maybe I am ready after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment